Gail Brodie Para-Athletics Trials
GAIL BRODIE PARA-ATHLETICS TRIALS
2019 PARA-ATHLETICS TRIALS MUST BE NOMINATED ONLINE BEFORE 24th JULY
NO NOMINATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED ON THE DAY!
Gail Brodie Para-Athletics Trial (previously named Invitational) is for athletics who wish to compete at Queensland Schools State Athletic Championships in October. Students need to meet qualifying standards for the event to be eligible to compete at the State Championships.
2019 School Sport Australia Track & Field Championship 10-12 years will be held in Darwin 18-23 September. Due to this event being run earlier in the year than normal, athletes will be unable to qualify at the Challenge Games. Those students aged 10 to 12 years please talk to the staff at your school about nominating through the Regional Track and Field Trials. Information regarding the classification process can be found on the Queensland School Sport website:-
Please click here to complete the Gail Brodie Para Athletic Trials registration form.
Athletes need to be classified prior to the Challenge Games Classification Information Para-athletics
- Sport Inclusion Australia
- Complete Athlete Registration and national Eligibility Application Form – send to 4 Lowry Place Benalla Victoria 3672 or email email@example.com (will take about 4 weeks)
- Athletics Australia > Participate > Multi- class athletics > Intellectual Impairment
- Australian Paralympic Committee
- Required assessment with APC Certified VI classifier
- Either face to face assessment or submit provisional classification application – send to Australian Paralympic Committee – Classification Services, PO Box 596, Sydney markets NSW 2129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Athletics Australia > Participate > Multi-class athletics > Vision Impairment
- Apply to Deaf Sport Australia
- Require Hearing test and an audiogram
- Complete online Classification Form and upload Audiogram http://deafsports.org.au/classification/
- Athletics Australia > Participate > Multi-class athletics > Hearing Impairment
- Athletics Australia
- Register for National Classification
- Athletics Australia > Participate > Para-athletics > Physical Impairment
- Transplant Australia
- Transplant classification application form
- Athletics Australia > Participate > Para-athletics > Transplant Athletes
Classification for Para-Athletics is very different to verification in the state’s school system.
If you have any questions please contact:-
Kathryn Foster: Kathryn.Foster@qed.qld.gov.au 4758 3251
ANQ: email@example.com 4721 4998